2009年8月13日 星期四

A journey to its end

I believe that life is full of journeys. It can be long or short, sad or joyful, dull or glamorous. I am coming to the end to a little journey of mine in Australia, not that I have graduated nor am I leaving the country. The journey that I called “living together with my brother” is coming to an end. It’s a short one, but certainly glamorous. Life, strikes me again with its majesty, searing the bitterness of separation onto my soul, leaving the wounds and left myself for recovery. The wounds will heal but scars remain, and became the testimony of my life. They speak to me, telling me that I am a step closer to maturity.
.
Isn’t that the same with my beloved whisky? Only through the baptism of time and beautiful chemistry inside the cask will it comes to its perfection. Well, I am going to bring two drams to their end. They meant something to me because I bought them at the Sydney airport; which, were the first two bottles when I started this journey and they will sleep with it, tonight. Ardbeg Uigeadail, the soul of Ardbeg distillery, a peated masculinity drink. Glenmorangie Astar, soft and floral like a charming woman in her 30’s. Both of them are not very expensive like those 30 year old (or plus) or “vintage” single malts, but they certainly worth every penny I paid for. They have bought me different sensations from time to time, as for today, salute to you both!
.

Uigeadail and Astar are both bottled at cask strength. It means that they have been bottled from the cask without any dilution of water i.e. what you get is what’s in the cask. Therefore the alcohol content is always higher and is normally above 50% ABV. It’s usually too pungent (from the alcohol) when the bottle was first opened (of course then follows by the wonderful aromas of the dram). I found that the cask strength single malts are best to drink in three to six months after opening. As I am pouring out the last drop of Astar this very moment, I have realized that it has finally reaches its optimum.
.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Life moves on, memory remains, maturity through journeys, and one step closer to perfection~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

沒有留言:

張貼留言